Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Current 93 - The Dream Of The Green Goddess


This is the first part of the special absinthe editions. It was released 2005 in a limited edition of 93. This song is a creepy deconstructed remix of Abba Alllla (Babylon Destroyer).
Contents of package:
Edition of 93 in sealed card sleeve.
Signed and numbered bottle of Absinthe Duplais Verte.
Two glasses, Two spoons , In printed wooden box with gold alpha/omega symbol.
Here is an interview with Pitchfork on the bottle:
Pitchfork: When I interviewed Ben (Chasney) he mentioned that you sent him a bottle of Current 93. Do you own a distillery?
DT: [Laughs] There's an absinthe company in Germany and the guy who runs it used to be a big Current 93 fan. He wrote to me and asked if I'd be interested in designing a label for his new range of absinthe. I said, yeah, I'd really like to, why don't we do a special edition of, say, 93 or 100 copies with a CD with an unreleased track done especially for it. That developed into a box with a bottle of absinthe and with my label, which was signed by me. There were two absinthe glasses and an absinthe spoon and the CD. So there were 93 of those, and Ben got sent one of those. There's a charity I work with called the John Bradburne Memorial Society, a leprosy mission in Zimbabwe. I said I'd do it for the absinthe company if they made a donation-- my payment-- to the society and also put in some blurb about the society. So they did.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmcjmkehjmg

No comments: